Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lovely Saturday

When one of your favorite vintage stores has a two day 50% off sale, it tends to be a cause for celebration! This year it snuck up on me, I usually have the dates on my calender and budget to spend a pretty penny. This year I was driving to work when I happened to see the sign in the window, thank goodness. Luckily, I had a short work day and headed directly there after I closed up shop.  I didn't want a repeat of the previous year, where a girl with my same measurements beat me to a whole rack of dresses. Literally, she took 30 some dresses in the fitting rooms and bought everyone. I ended up taking myself out for whiskey old fashions instead with my unspent cash. I was bound and determined to not let that happen again. If you are ever in the Minneapolis area I highly recommend checking Tatters out. It is ridiculously reasonable.

I only got a few pictures because it was nuts in there. I ended up getting two great staple wool skirts, one it black/charcoal and a mahogany one. We still have 2-3 more weeks of winter, so I will at least get to wear them a couple times.

Later that night, I met up with a few of my pals to see Al's Rockabilly Quartet play a few sets at a local bowling alley. My permanent dance partner was feeling a little under the weather, so I left him on the couch watching movies and drinking hot toddys.  Sometimes, I love just a night out with the pals. One of my favorite fill in dance partners was there, minus his wife, so lucky for me I got quite a bit of dancing in. Of course, typical me, I brought my camera and it never left my hand bag. However, I did get a quick photo before bed of my new skirt and favorite broach.
Before I go, I just wanted to let you all know two things. The first, the sewing room is clean!!! Secondly, I started sewing again. YAY! Not with the same gusto as before, but at least it is a start. Baby steps, I'll get there again hopefully, but for now I am just glad to "be back in the saddle again". Look for sewing posts in the future.

Au Revoir

No comments:

Post a Comment